- - Clarify Any Formula - -
Download The Formulator Free Edition
On Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7, 8, and 10, you must be logged in as an Administrator during installation.
On Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10, start Setup by right-clicking the_formulator.exe and choosing "Run as administrator":
After installation, you no longer need to be logged in as an Administrator.
After installing The Formulator, restart Excel.
Then, find The Formulator's online help by choosing Add-Ins > The Formulator > The Formulator Help:
In Excel 2003 and earlier, The Formulator's online help is in Tools > The Formulator > The Formulator Help:
If The Formulator's menu is not there, the most likely problem is that your Windows configuration simply did not allow the setup program to register The Formulator as an add-in in Excel. No problem, it's easy to just do that manually:
Steps to manually register The Formulator as an add-in in Excel:
In Excel 2010, 2013, and 2016:
- File > Options > Add-ins > Go (button). That should bring up the Add-ins dialog.
- In the Add-ins dialog, click Browse, and browse to theformulator.xla. Then click OK, and The Formulator should be listed there in the Add-ins dialog and checked.
- Then click OK to get back to Excel. Restart Excel, and The Formulator menu should be there.
In Excel 2007, the steps are the same as above except that instead of File > Options, it's:
- Office Button > Excel Options (button)
In Excel 2003 and earlier, the steps are the same as above except that instead of File > Options > Add-ins > Go (button), it's just:
- Tools > Add-ins
If those steps don't fix the problem, you may wish to try installing again, or email for help.
PrecisionCalc Home Page